Allen H. Greenfield (b. 1946), also known by his ecclesiastical name Tau Sir Hasirim, is an American occultist, UFOlogist, writer, editor, and Gnostic Bishop of Ecclesia Gnostica Universalis who resides in Atlanta, Georgia. Greenfield’s ongoing essay project, “The True History of Wicca” was included in Richard Metzger’s anthology from Disinformation’s The Book of Lies in 2003.
Greenfield’s book Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts was reviewed by Robert Anton Wilson in Wilson’s Everything is Under Control. This review discusses how Greeenfield builds on the principles established in Carl Jung’s 1952 book, Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky.
His other works include
- one of the few sources of information on the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light, The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light.
- the only comprehensive single volume history of an Egyptian Rite of Freemasonry, The Compleat Rite of Memphis.
- the definitive, authorized annotated edition of Charles Stansfeld Jones’ Liber Thirty-One.
- “The future must be built from the best material of past and present, and on the grave of those elements in both which were/are adverse to human life and living.” (quoted in Adler, p. 375)
- “We are dulled by technological overload.” (quoted in Adler, p. 393)
- “The scientific establishment is an organized faith that contributes heavily to our present sorry state as a civilization.” (quoted in Adler, p. 397)
- Silver Bridge, by Gray Barker, introduction by Allen Greenfield. Saucerian Books, 1970. Library of Congress Catalogue Number 70-119512.
- Saucers and Saucerers. PANP Press, 1975.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts. Illuminet Press, 1994; Revised Edition Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6759-X
- The Story of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light. Looking Glass Press, 1997. ISBN 9188708039
- The Compleat Rite of Memphis. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1891948016
- Liber Thirty-One (The Authorized Edition by C.S. Jones (Frater Achad); edited and annotated by T Allen Greenfield. Luxor Press, 1998. ISBN 1891948008
- The Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult. Edited by Richard Metzger; Allen Greenfield, contributor. Disinformation Books, 2003. ISBN 097139427X
- Secret Rituals of the Men in Black. Manutius Press, 2005. ISBN 1-4116-6764-6
- The Roots of Modern Magick: Glimpses of the Authentic Tradition from 1700-2000, An Anthology. Revised edition, Manutius Press, 2006. ISBN 978-1-4116-8978-7
- A True History of Witchcraft, 1992. Internet Sacred Text Archive.
- The Frankist Ecstatics of the Eighteenth Century in Agape, Vol. 1, No. 2, February 1998
- Hermetic Brotherhood Revisited: Thoughts on the Antiquity & Continuity of the Hermetic Brotherhood of Light in The Scarlet Letter, Vol. V, No. 2, December 1998
- Paschal Beverly Randolph: Sexual Magick in the 19th Century, 2000.
- Emma Hardinge Britten and the Origins of OTO, 2002.
- “Supermen” in Gray Lodge Occult Review, Issue #2, December 2002
- “A Most Unusual Cast of Characters” in Gray Lodge Occult Review, Issue #17, June 2005
- Book Review: Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts in Saucer Smear, Volume 42, No. 1, January 5th, 1995.
- Reviews: “Secret Cipher of The UFOnauts by Allen H. Greenfield” in Nexus New Times Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 24, Feb-March, 1995.
- Secret Cipher of the UFOnauts: Reviewed by Dean James in Journal of Possible Paradigms, Issue 5, Spring 1998.
- Adler, Margot. Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America Today. Penguin; Revised & Updated edition, 2006. ISBN 0143038192