Here we present a selection of rites which to some extent exemplify the types of ritual worked by the members of Ecclesia Gnostica Universalis. We have included links to the Magickal Rituals of Aleister Crowley, Rites of the Horus/Maat Lodge, and some peculiar to Ecclesia Gnostica Universalis.
- Liber Resh vel Helios (Aleister Crowley)
- These adorations of the four daily stations of the Sun were written by Aleister Crowley for the A.’.A.’.
- Liber Teth vel Helios (Tyger)
- A feline version of Liber Resh.
- Liber Qoph vel Hecate (Orryelle Bascule)
- This work is a daily lunar prayer, adoration or salutation complementary to Aleister Crowley’s solar adoration Liber Resh vel Helios.
- The Blue Topaz (Tau Aleph)
- An Elemental Banishing Ritual (Tau Aleph)
- This ritual uses the six permutations of IAO aligned with the Elements as a very effective elemental banishing.
- Padmasambhava’s Fortress Banishing (Tau Aleph)
- This banishing ritual is based on the mantra of Padmasambhava, who brought Tantric Buddhism to Tibet from India.
- Space Marks Banishing (Horus-Maat Lodge)
- This banishing uses eight directions wtih Thelemic Godnames.
- The Star Ruby (Aleister Crowley)
- The classic banishing ritual devised by Crowley.
- Dedication into Our Cosmic Wonderland (Shri Gurudev Mahendranath)
- This rite is best combined with full immersion in Ocean, River, Lake, or Stream. Write it out on rice paper with biodegradable ink, read it, and immerse yourself, leaving the paper to float away. The immersion is to emulate birth, and not intended as a purification.
- Baptism by AriairA (AriairA)
- This rite is the first to be submitted as a self-baptism into Ecclesia Gnostica Universalis.
- Ipsos Feather Rite (Horus-Maat Lodge)
- An invocation of Ma’at: a method for contacting the Ma’at current.
- The Ma’at Field (Aion 131 & Tau Aleph)
- An invocation of Ma’at as a field which can be projected to fulfill the purposes of the Magician.
- A Nath Puja Invoking Ganesha (Shri Adityanath)
- A general formula for puja invoking Ganesha, the Remover of Obstacles.
- The Rite of the Holy Dzogchen Angel (Tau Aleph)
- Invocation of Akephalos, or the Bornless One, in the manner of Dzogchen. Personal instruction is recommended.
- Rite of the Naked Fire (Shri Gurudev Mahendranath)
- An invocation of Shiva through the use of the sacred fire.
- Rite of the Verses of the Stele (Horus-Maat Lodge)
- A multi-purpose eucharistic ritual of invocation based on the verse translation of the hieroglyphics upon the Stele of Revealing.
- Rituel de la Fraction du Pain (Jules-Benoît Doinel)
- Jules-Benoît Doinel (1842-1903) founded the French branch of the modern Gnostic Church. He composed a Gnostic Mass called the Fraction du Pain or “Breaking of the Bread.” Please note that this rite is written in French. We also have an English translation by Malgwyn Evans.For more information on Doinel and his Church, please see The Structure and Liturgy of the French Gnostic Church of Jules Doinel by Tau Apiryon of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica.
- Liber XV: Ecclesiæ Gnosticæ Catholicæ Canon Missæ (Aleister Crowley)
- Written by Aleister Crowley in 1913 in Moscow under the influence of St. Basil of the Russian Church, this is the canonical Gnostic Mass used by Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica. Crowley borrowed and rewrote material from various Christian Masses, such as the Sarum Mass.
- Abbreviated Form of Liber XV (Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica)
- An abbreviated form of Liber XV for the daily, private use of Priests and Priestesses.
- Jurgen: As to a Veil they Broke (James Branch Cabell)
- Crowley sent a copy of his Gnostic Mass, possibly a draft, to James Branch Cabell. The result was this intriguing literary version of the Mass by Saint James Branch Cabell.
- Jurgen Mass (Mordecai Shapiro)
- A Mass based Chapter 22 of James Branch Cabell’s Jurgen.
- Mass of the Archangels (Tyger)
- A complex working placing the Big Four Archangels as priests into the four directions and consecrating them and the Priestess through the positions of the sun and the initiatory energies of the four elements.
- The Mass of Babalon and Pan (Tyger)
- (Oh, there are no words, really…) Though the Deacon tries to keep Order throughout the Mass, Eris counters him with random goddesses until Chaos and Order are balanced and Babalon and Pan are invoked into the Priest and Priestess for a dual offering of the host and wine to the congregation. A very romantic Mass – and a hilarious one.
- Mass of the Seven Planets (Tyger)
- A three-tiered ritual invoking the energies of the seven planets in a complex dance ending in the consecration of the host and wine.